Vegetables with tofu in cream sauce
Ingredients (1 person):
- a large handful of fresh Brussels sprouts;
- a handful of cauliflower (cauliflower);
- 5-6 mushrooms;
- about 50 g of tofu;
- 1 clove of garlic.
For the sauce:
- 2 teaspoons. spoon of bean flour;
- 2 teaspoons. spoon nutritional yeast flakes;
- 1/4 tea. a spoonful of turmeric;
- 1/4 tea. spoon of ground cumin;
- 1/4 tea. spoon of ground coriander;
- 1/2 tea. spoon of herbal spices;
- a pinch of salt and pepper;
- almost a full cup of unsweetened plant milk;
- 2 tea. spoon of soy sauce.
1. We wash the Brussels sprouts, cut off the bad stalks and cut them in half. Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and put it in the pot along with the Brussels sprouts. We turn it for 5 minutes, then pour it into a strainer and let it drain.
2. We cut the champignons into slices and fry them in a pan. Then we add the cubed tofu and fry for a few more minutes until the tofu is more or less fried on both sides. Then we add chopped garlic, rolled cabbage and fry everything until the signs of cooking start to appear on the cabbage.
3. During this time, mix the chickpea flour with all the spices in a bowl. We pour vegetable milk, soy and mix everything well (better with a whisk).
4. We reduce the heat in the pan and pour the sauce, stirring until it thickens.
Blog archive photo / Vegetables with tofu in cream sauce
Light red lentil curry
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 1/2 cup red lentils (soaked overnight);
- 1 small onion;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1/2 tea. a spoonful of curry spices;
- 1/2 tea. a spoonful of turmeric;
- 1/4 tea. spoon of hot pepper;
- 1/2 tea. spoon of ground cumin;
- 1/2 tea. spoon of ground coriander;
- 1/2 can canned tomatoes;
- 2/3 can of coconut milk;
- a pinch of salt and pepper.
1. Cut the onion into cubes and fry in a pan. Then we add the chopped garlic, all the spices and fry everything for a few minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, lentils, coconut milk, salt, and pepper to the pan, mix and leave to boil for about 18-20 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until the lentils are soft and the liquid reduces.
3. Serve with rice, fresh vegetables, maybe sprinkled with cashew nuts or fried peanuts on top.
Photo Blog Archive/Pink Lentil Curry
These recipes are provided by the non-profit Public Health auPowerful Monday projecttogether with the author of a blog promoting vegan nutrition, this time Follow your spoon. The “auGalingas primidienis” project inspires healthy, tasty and filling food, and also helps parents to train their children to eat more vegetables and enjoy healthy food. Every Monday 15 minutes look for new auPowerful recipes!