The island of Thasos is often called the emerald island, because at the foot of the mountain there are green pine trees, olive trees, and hundred-year-old trees. “The island is not full of tourists, there are many beautiful beaches, a lot of greenery, good food,” said the blogger in the press release of the travel organizer “Itaka”.
The island is not only for tourism, but also for the extraction of marble, oil and honey. Honey is a very common ingredient in dishes, desserts and drinks here. I. Greičiūnaitė tells about loukoumades – Greek donuts served with honey, cinnamon and walnuts. On the island, you can refresh yourself with lemonade made from honey, lemons and mint.
Blogger photo. /Donuts “loukoumades”
The blogger admits that he loves Mediterranean cuisine because of its nutritional value and excellent taste, so he loves Greek salads and seafood in Greece. He also felt it here moussakas. This is a lasagna dish with potatoes, eggplant, beef and bechamel sauce. This dish is the inspiration for a new recipe from the blog “Nestoras maitas”, only instead of beef, Ieva uses lentils, and instead of bechamel, she uses a sauce made with ricotta, eggs and milk.
Personal photo album. / Ieva Greičiūnaitė
Interpretation of “Moussaka” according to the author of “Nestor’s food”.
- 130 g of green lentils;
- 2 eggplants;
- 1 onion;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 red pepper;
- 2 teaspoons. a spoonful of tomato paste;
- 1 can (400 g) can of chopped tomatoes;
- 250 g of ricotta;
- 3 eggs;
- 150 ml of milk;
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into slices;
- a handful of grated parmesan cheese;
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cook the lentils according to the instructions.
3. Cut eggplants into slices and fry in a pan with olive oil for a few minutes on both sides (eggplants should release some liquid, become thin and change color). Then transfer the eggplants to a paper towel.
4. Cut onion, garlic, paprika and fry in a pan with olive oil. Then add the tomato paste to the pan, a pile of canned tomatoes, boiled lentils, add salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything and cook for a few minutes.
5. Mix the ricotta, eggs and milk in a separate bowl. Add a little salt and pepper.
6. Layer the ingredients in the baking dish with the higher side: add 1/3 of the ricotta sauce, 1/2 of the eggplant, 1/2 of the lentils, the third layer of the ricotta sauce, the rest. eggplant, the rest of the lentils, potatoes, the remaining layer of ricotta sauce, and finally – parmesan.
7. Place in the oven and bake for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.