As Brigita Baratinskaitė, head of the Maximos Food Production Department, was quoted in the press release, soup puree is not popular in every kitchen. The reason for this is the habit of preparing dishes from traditional ingredients. However, the interviewer said, pureed soup offers enormous culinary freedom and can awaken the imagination like never before.
“This dish is charming in its simplicity. It can be made from various vegetables, and each of them gives a unique taste, texture, aroma and benefits. Therefore, pureed soup is made not only from potatoes, pumpkins, tomatoes or carrots. You can experiment with potatoes sweet, peas, cauliflower, beets, broccoli, even salmon or beef. Zucchini, celery, spinach, various cheeses and nuts are also perfect for them. That’s why pureed soup is unique – it can be made from almost anything,” said B. Baratinskaitė.
3 important rules for cooking and rubbing
According to experts, it is important to remember some rules for preparing the dish. One of them is to cook vegetables properly. B. Baratinskaitė emphasizes – soup ingredients should be added to boiling waterbecause it preserves more nutrients and useful substances.
“You are also recommended do not overcook the vegetables, Otherwise, it will lose not only its texture, but also its taste. It is recommended to start pureeing the soup when the vegetables are harder. Then it will soften naturally and not become mush. Another tip is crushed soup with slices of sliced bread. Few people know this trick. The bread will ensure a greater thickness without unwanted lumps,” said the food production expert.
Julia Steponavičiūtė’s photo. /Cream-celery cauliflower soup
On this occasion, the interviewer invites you to try some recipes that will encourage you to see the dish with new eyes.
Pureed soup with chicken, avocado and hazelnuts
“This dish is unique because of the variety of ingredients. They give the soup a unique taste, texture, and smell. The highlight is the avocado, whose green color is particularly pleasing. Meanwhile, the hazelnuts in this soup are an unexpected choice, but very nutritious and delicious”, assures B. Baratinskaitė.
- 600 g of zucchini;
- 1 onion;
- 1 avocado;
- 1 teaspoon. spoon of olive oil;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 0.5 lime;
- 2 organic vegetable stock cubes;
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme;
- 3 pieces of chicken fillet;
- 2 teaspoons. a spoonful of chopped hazelnuts;
- a pinch of salt;
- a pinch of black pepper;
- 1 teaspoon. spoon of chopped fresh sage.
1. Heat the oil in a pan, fry the chopped onion, then add the garlic, then the zucchini, then the sprig of thyme. Add water, add stock cubes, stir well so that the latter dissolves. Boil a little.
2. For the blender add the flesh of the peeled avocado, pour the broth, squeeze in the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
3. Prepare the chicken. Fry, add salt, pepper, nuts, sage.
4. Then, add the chicken and peanut seasoning to the soup and enjoy.
Photo Vida Press/Mashed sweet potato soup
Moroccan mashed sweet potato, ginger and coconut milk soup
“This recipe is inspired by Moroccan cuisine, but the soup is prepared differently than usual. Only one thing remains unchanged – it is the extraordinary and alkaline taste of the soup that takes you on a real culinary journey, which I definitely recommend,” said the food expert.
- 0.5 kg of sweet potatoes;
- 2 larger carrots;
- 1 onion;
- 1 tea. teaspoon of fresh grated ginger;
- one olive oil;
- 1 organic vegetable broth cube;
- a pinch of salt;
- curry powder;
- hot pepper powder;
- 1 glass of coconut milk;
- a little lemon juice;
- favorite bread;
- goat’s milk cheese;
- 0.5 pomegranate.
1. Cut onions, grate carrots, cut sweet potatoes into cubes. Fry everything in the pan for about 7 minutes. Add ginger, pepper, fry for a few more minutes.
2. Pour all the mixture from the pan into the pan, pour the coconut milk on top. Then add the stock cubes, boil, so that the vegetables become soft.
3. Use a blender to blend the soup to a smooth consistency, add the sliced bread, continue to blend. Season with salt, pepper, squeeze lemon juice, add curry powder.
4. Pour the soup into a plate, season with pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and goat’s milk cheese.